Monday, December 29, 2008

Random Ramblings

It's amazing to me how fast a foot and a half of snow can go down to nothing with one good day of rain. One day we had so much snow all you could see was white. The next morning, I can see the grass in our backyard. Bizarre.

Christmas is over, and I hate to admit it, but I'm glad. This year it snuck up on me and I just wasn't in the mood for it. My brother got us gifts, even after we agreed not to, so then we felt bad, so we took them out to dinner. They only stayed one night, though I wish they could have stayed longer. I always have a blast with my brother and his wife, I wish we lived closer together so we could get together more often.

It's currently raining sideways. This means the wind is picking up. Heavy rain and melting snow is a recipe for disaster around these parts. I'm expecting to see "FLOOD WATCH 2008" on the news any day now. Last year the flooding was so bad that there were several feet of water of I-5 down south of Olympia and people were stranded for days and days. Scary stuff.

In other news, I'm having a stretchy day today. If you've ever been preggers, you may know what I'm talking about. If not, bear with me as I try to explain. See, this is the term I've invented to describe the odd sensation that I get every few days in my lower abdomen. It's sort of a cross between a warm, tingly feeling, a bit crampy, kind of tickly, and an overall odd sensation. I decided when I was pregnant with Bryce that this feeling was my lower belly/uterus/baby stretching out and getting bigger. It happens every 2 or 3 days and lasts all day. It makes me just want to lay on the couch and do nothing. It's not painful, just....I don't know, hard to describe. I am 6 weeks and 5 days today, for those of you keeping score.

No comments: