Thursday, April 30, 2009

Acceptance

I think I've almost given up. Contractor dude has not been here in 2 weeks now, despite promising daily work this week. There are such minor things left to be done, but they MUST be done before I can move in the rest of my furniture or starting shifting rooms to get ready for Abbie's impending arrival.

Worse, Brett does not seem to care in the slightest that nothing has been done. Brett also has done nothing, short of shifting his paint/plumbing/electrical supplies around the kitchen (but not to the garage where they belong) in order to pseudo-appease me, so that I can cook in my kitchen.

I accept that I cannot control Brett, or contractor dude, but I can control myself, right? So, the boycott begins:

I am not cleaning a single surface in my house (except toilets and countertops, thanks to Swine Flu anxiety), picking up a single tool, straightening up a single room, or putting anything away until this house is complete. I'm talking paint done, baseboards back in, furniture in place. Dishwasher mounted. Dishwasher trim installed. Electrical outlet put back in my island.

I don't care how much he bitches, whines, moans, complains, or stomps around this house in his passive-aggressive way. NOT.GONNA.DO.IT.

Let the games begin...

No comments: