Thursday, April 9, 2009

Patience, Young Grasshopper...

The guy who is doing all of the odds and ends stuff at our house has had pneumonia for the last two weeks. Hence, since the addition of our granite, NOTHING ELSE has been completed on our house. Brett (bless his heart) has installed our sinks, brought the oven back in and hooked it up, and did the electrical work to hook up and re-mount the microwave.

Our first meal back in our house was cooked on Monday night. I made a pork loin, roasted red potatoes, and asparagus, which I have been craving since I first lost my kitchen.

The next night was gorgeous weather, so I made filet mignon's wrapped in bacon on the bbq, twice baked potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Last night was spaghetti, and tonight we did leftovers.

I have one corner of my counter top to work on currently, due to the the plumbing/electrical/power tools that are still over-taking my kitchen. However, I can now cook dammit! :)

I have slowly begun moving my kitchen back into the office and putting things where they go. On the list to buy new: matching glasses and matching mixing bowls. I have a mish-mash of both, and too many that could be donated or really should be tossed! :)

Good thing I didn't volunteer to host Easter, because there's no way this house will be done by Sunday!

No comments: