Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How Hard Could It Possibly Be?

He knows I'm pregnant. He knows I want my house put back together. Brett's told me he's made it all too clear to him that he does not want ME calling him to find out why he hasn't finished yet.

Yet, he still has NOT begun to finish our house. And by he, I mean the guy Brett hired to do the general and odds and ends work on our kitchen remodel. He apparently came by today (after promising to come by every day last week, and this...I'm sure you can understand why I no longer hold my breath), and after spending about 10 minutes here, got a call from his accountant and left. For the WHOLE day. He never once came back.

My brother-in-law, who is NOT a painter, has been here Saturday, Monday, today and will be here Thursday to finish painting our house. He has painted as best I can figure, about 1000 square feet of walls, likely more. The only rooms we decided NOT to paint while remodeling were the bedrooms, office, mud room, bonus room, and the upstairs bathrooms. All other surfaces have paint on them, thanks largely to Todd. THAT, my friends, is how it's done. You say you're going to do a job, you SHOW UP, you do the job, you FINISH the job, and then you get paid and leave. That simple.

Why is it that this guy just assumes we're OKAY with his antics? He's completely unreliable. Why, you may be asking, have you not fired him and hired someone else?
First, he's 1/2 done with our cabinets and Brett would like him to finish, since his handiwork is all over what he's already done and Brett wants to make sure the work is consistent.
Second, when he IS here, he's very good at what he does. And he's not all that expensive.

But, frankly, if I can't get this guy to finish the cabinets this week, I don't care what I have to pay someone, I will hop on craigslist or head down to Home Depot to see if I can find someone who would like the work.

This is flat out ridiculous and unacceptable.

1 comment:

The Morceau's said...

Oh, I am so sorry to here about all the headaches!! I wish I could offer you an alternative person... but we have had your same luck in the past and now attempt to do our own fix-ups (hence our kitchen is still a ruin). But if you ever need major landscaping... I can give you our guy! Good Luck!!