Thursday, June 25, 2009

W.T.F.

I've determined that when all hell breaks lose in this world, I become a CNN whore. I spend every waking moment either watching it or online reading it.

Farah Fawcett is gone. Ed McMahon is gone. Michael Freaking Jackson is gone. Love him or hate him, believe the bad or not, he was a true-blue legend. I watched Jermaine Jackson give a statement from the hospital to let the media know his brother had died...and all of a sudden I realized, 'this was someone's brother...someone's son....someone's dad...NOT just a celebrity.' It made me think about how I'd react if I lost my brother...the one person who's known me longer than anyone else in this world. I would be absolutely beside myself. I've lost a dad...in fact, my dad was 51, 1 year older than Michael, when he died. I was 20. Michael Jackson's kids aren't even 12 yet (as far as I can tell). My heart goes out to them. This is not easy to take as an adult, I can't even imagine if my dad had been taken from me in grade school.

I was so hoping Farah Fawcett would pull through. I figured it was probably a slim chance, but you always want to see a happy ending. But, at least now she is at peace and out of pain.

Oh Ed McMahon, you got my hopes up after every SuperBowl, thinking that any moment, my doorbell would ring and I would be presented with balloons, flowers, and a check the size of my door for $1 million.

Rest in peace.

No comments: